Monday, March 1, 2010

First Post

I've been lurking on the web long enough so after much deliberation and consideration (about 5 minutes) I decided to start this blog, Navigar Oso….More about the name later.

To be honest, I had an inkling to start a blog about five years ago and got as far as sort of starting one but figured I never did anything that would be of interest to anyone and perhaps I still don't. However, I've been reading about Jim and Renee's travel and life adventures over at their brilliant blog LiveWorkDream and I figured that I'd have a go.

Now, I'm not well versed in "blogging" and will struggle to find time to sit and write about something that I have experienced or think would make a good yarn which is why I've set up the Twitter feed on this site. I am paranoid about my spelling and grammar so I'll write something half a dozen times before pressing the publish button and spend equally ridiculous amounts of time with any images.

Not being born with a silver spoon in my mouth and suckered into the big mortgage trap of the last decade means I have to work for a living. Fortuitously, I work for a marine electronics company in the South of Spain and spend much of my time jumping on an off ships and the odd mega yacht to repair their navigational systems as well as the odd training course somewhere outside Spain. Standard issue kit with the job is a blackberry 8310 so being able to blat out a few lines on twitter which then feeds itself (hopefully) onto the blog may make up for the lack of normal blogging. Speaking of which, I’m still looking for a good Twitter App for Blackberry so if you know if one, do tell.

Goodness knows what on earth I’ll end up writing about but I’m sure my bizarre sense of humor and strange observational awareness will get the better of me leading to all manner of nonsense being posted here.
As for the name; Navigar Oso, it means “Navigate Bear” in EspaƱol. I got the nickname bear from my other half, one day she called me by it and it just stuck. To reciprocate I call her my Osita. By now, you’re probably vomiting but what do I care, serves you right for being so nosey.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment